Thursday 3 September 2009

And the rain falls

It seems that whenever the rain falls after some very hot weather, I get into a self-reflective trance. I think it has to do with the fact that I grew up with alot of rain, and I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside whenever it rains. This week has been an emotional week. I didn't think I would have such a hard time with Aaralyn going to kindy, but there were tears on Wednesday morning (and it was not Aaralyn crying). Thankfully Mike was home looking after Ephraim, so I had a good cry with him after I dropped the girls off (with Ephraim saying "What's the matter Mommy?" over and over again). I have also realized that with Eden being in school full days, I really have only a little bit of time with her each day. It is crazy how with kids it is SOOO intense when they are little (and so close together in my case), and then *BOOM* it's done, and they are home for a few short hours before bedtime. It feels like I am going to wake up one day, and Eden will be graduating or something crazy like that. Yikes, these days are sometimes very long, but the years seem to be flying by.

Here's my two (very excited) school girls on their very first day. I sure love these kids...



On another note...Mike has successfully laid a new concrete pad at the front of the house, ripped out most of the the front porch and is almost ready to build the new improved porch! Can't wait to drink some wine at the front of the house.

Life is good. Remember to really live life today.

No comments: