Friday 23 April 2010

Playing beach

As I was getting ready to lead worship on Sunday, practicing at the piano, Aaralyn and Ephraim were keeping busy in the backyard playing 'beach'. This involves the sand box, water, umbrellas, sand toys and bathing suits. I hadn't heard from them in a while, so there was a little niggle in the back of my mind warning me that perhaps it might be time to check on what those two little munchkins were doing. Just as that thought crossed my mind, however, they came running around the corner into the living room, and I almost fell off the piano bench when I saw Ephraim in his bathing suit.



Here's the conversation after I got it together enough to actually speak:
Mommy: "Aaralyn, that is actually a girl's bathing suit".
Aaralyn (after looking at me like I was a bit dense): "Ephraim, do you like flowers?"
Ephraim: "Yes, Aaralyn, I like flowers"
Aaralyn (with a very satisfied look on her face): "See Mommy, Ephraim likes flowers - so what is the problem?"

Now this is one picture that I have got to keep on hand for when he is sixteen and I need a trump card.

No comments: