Saturday 1 May 2010

A glimmer of hope



It has been one of those times in my life where my lens has shifted. And I can't seem to shake it. I know how blessed I am. I know how wonderful it is that it is spring time again. I know how very amazing a husband I have. I know that I have been given so much. I just can't feel it. My head is screaming at my soul to smarten up, to wake up. But it just won't.

It is one of those 'dark night of the soul' moments. Usually they pass without much thought. But other times I have to fight them off. And some times I just don't have the energy - like now. I know that it will pass eventually, but it is hard on everyone. Depression is like that. It is a very unwelcome guest in this house. I have learned that if I feed it and pay attention to it, it stays; but if I can learn to not offer anything, to ignore it, it will leave.

This image is one that I have come back to again and again. Visually, it is a reminder that even amongst all the beauty of life, a person can feel very, very alone. But I have to remind myself that someone has caught this person on film, which means that she isn't alone. There is someone watching and caring and waiting for her to really see when her head lifts out of her arms.

And that little one glimmer of hope is sometimes all it takes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you.