Friday 7 May 2010

A Week in the Life: Thursday

It has been quite a week so far. During the day, while I am taking pictures, it feels a bit much. Too much thinking about the right angles, too much thinking about if the lighting is right, too much wondering if I am capturing everything the best way. And then evening comes, and I upload all the photos onto my computer, and realize that every photo actually has a story to tell. And all that thinking and wondering was all worth it.

I could, if I really wanted to, write a full page about each photo that I take.

Each one of these photos represents a little piece of every day which is so very, very precious. I am looking forward to being done taking the photos and writing the stories behind the photos. I am looking forward to getting the pictures printed and putting them in the album.

And I am really looking forward to watching my kids look at their Week in the Life album and laugh and giggle and remember. And know that they are so very, very loved.

Here is a bit of glimpse into our Thursday:
The girls have had to go to the other side of the road to be picked up by the bus. This means, of course, that I have to go out with them and make sure they cross the road safely. This also means that my neighbours will see me in my pajamas and slippers each and every morning.

This is the scene in the kids' bedroom each and every morning. Three pairs of pajamas strewn about the room. And every morning (well, almost every morning) I pick up the pajamas and put them on their beds.

Our un-made bed. Do I make our bed every morning? Absolutely not. Do I ever make our bed? Usually when I wash the sheets. Couldn't be bothered otherwise...

Ephraim having a conversation with Mr. Snow. Not sure what they are talking about, but he stood there for at least a few minutes.

We passed his little rolling toy back and forth for a while. It always amazes me what kids enjoy. In my adult mind, I keep thinking, "This is such a waste of time". Sometimes I just have to turn my adult brain off.

Aaralyn home from school, and in good five-year-old fashion, insisted she make her own lunch. And she did.

Eating my lunch of some leftover soup, reading the newspaper.

We spent most of the afternoon today in the craft room. I spent some time catching up on my picture of the day project and working on a few layouts. Ephraim and Aaralyn spent the whole time creating - drawing, gluing, taping. Their brains are amazing.

We stepped out of the house for a few minutes to run some errands before Eden comes home. Ephraim and Aaralyn were having a great time - laughing out loud. I'm still not sure what they were laughing about.

This is the scene every time we come home. Aaralyn races to the door, and Ephraim has a fit because he wants to open the door. There is crying and blaming and arguing. Every. single. time.

Home again, and Aaralyn decided it would be a good time to play school. She is the teacher reading and Ephraim is the student sitting on the listening carpet.

Eden arrives home and we gather around for an after school snack of hot chocolate and cookies.

The (almost) daily chore of cleaning up the living room before Mike gets home. Today it was puzzles, but other days its books, toys, blankets, pillows. Whatever isn't too heavy for the kiddies to move is fair game.

Dinner time.

The after dinner entertainment.

The girls decided (while I was out, I might add) that it would be fun to sleep together on the floor beside their bed. So while Ephraim was snoring in our bed, the girls fell asleep on their floor. And slept there all night.

We finished the day off with our usual reading and talking on the couch. How I love this time of the day.

No comments: