Sunday 2 May 2010

A Week in the Life: Sunday

A few weeks ago, a whole lot of people joined ali edwards in a project she calls "A Week in the Life". Basically, it is a 'words+photo' project that documents, in excruciating detail, the goings-on of day to day life during one week. Literally thousands of people joined her in making an album that celebrates the 'ordinary' of everyday. Since it didn't really work for our family during that time, I have decided to choose this week to drive my family (and myself) crazy by taking pictures and more pictures.

It was actually more difficult to remember to take pictures today than I thought it would be. I started out with over 100 pictures, and after deleting the really poor ones (Aaralyn got a hold of my camera and took a gazillion pictures of herself in church), I ended up with about 25 that were workable.

Here is the beginning of "A Week in the Life" - Stolte edition...


7:49 - ordering my latte from Starbucks before worship practice (well, actually - a triple, grande, non-fat, no-foam latte...)


7:55 - so happy to be part of this amazing community


8:02 - formatting the slides for the worship service before practice


8:36 - the team arrives and practice begins. As an aside - these are my two most favourite men on Sunday morning. I love these guitar players who are so very, very talented...

10:06 - Mike arrived with the family and Aaralyn and Ephraim took advantage of the ongoing practice and danced with the flags while we finished up.

10:57 - Leading worship at church; one of my very favourite places to be in the whole world.

1:25 - back home again, enjoying some down time by dancing...

...and drawing pictures

2:36 - leaving home to go back to the north end to facilitate a GPOD gathering while Mike brings Eden to a birthday party and Aaralyn to a soccer practice

5:01 - leaving A&K's place to pick Eden up from her birthday party

5:34 - Eden and one of her bbf's from school

5:45 - I was (and often am) greeted by this mess of shoes at the front door.

6:17 - ordered in pizza for dinner

9:04 - doing some research into booking some sites at Shuswap this summer and uploading my first batch of 'A Week in the Life" photos

10:37 - my view of Mike most evenings from the couch...

...and Mike's view of me from the couch. We spend ALOT of time talking and dreaming and reflecting on this particular piece of furniture. If couches could talk, this little guy would have quite a bit to share...

No comments: