Saturday 29 May 2010

Looking back

I was looking at a friend's blog of engagement pictures and was struck by how fantastically the couple's personality was captured on film. I then came across our engagement picture in the deep recesses of our large closet in our bedroom. And I realized just how amazingly different the photography world is now compared to even just 15 years ago.


Maybe it was just that we didn't know what our options were. Maybe it was just that we were so young. Maybe it was just that we were doing what we were 'supposed' to do (didn't everyone go to Sears and get their engagement shots done?)

Whatever the reason, this picture is horrible. It is so not us. The only redeeming quality is the humour factor and the fact that at least we got a picture done.

So, when Mike and I celebrated our 12 1/2 anniversary a few years ago, we decided to go ahead and get some good pictures done. Our friend took these shots one almost spring day in Edmonton, and she did a great job of capturing who we were at the time and a glimpse into 'us'.


Don't get me wrong - I am glad we have the (circa 1995) photo. I just don't put it out on display. anywhere.

No comments: