Wednesday 18 August 2010

Summer Bliss

Egads...life has flown by once again.

Yes, I am still alive, even though it has been almost another month that has passed without a post. I guess that is the reality of summer! Oh but, it has been so worth it...books have been read, playgrounds and splash parks have been visited, lakes have been swam, roads have been travelled and yes, sidewalks have been (and continue to be) jogged.

Ah, summer. Here are a few shots of life wherever we have found ourselves these past few weeks...

Bubble gum ice cream + warm weather + family + camping + lakes = pure joy, my friends, pure joy.

These freckles just take my heart away. every. single. time.

Summer isn't complete without biking. And biking some more. And biking some more. And then biking again, just when we thought he was finished.

Being carried on Daddy's back in God's amazing back yard. Banff National Park is one stunning place indeed.

My two very favourite guys on the face of this earth. How in the world did I get so very, very blessed?

THE most amazing man EVER!! (in my shades, no less)

Books...and lots of them. I have been devouring books lately. Loving The Hunger Games Trilogy. Secret Daughter is amazing as well - great perspective on our NA lives and motherhood. Her Fearful Symmetry is pretty dark, but has a very interesting story line. I am working on a few easy-peasy reads and then going to start on The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

And no summer is complete without running in the rain in the middle of a major thunderstorm - and we have been getting quite a few of these lately - and not one goes by without the kids getting soaked!

Goodness gracious, life is good.

PS: If anyone is wondering, I have been keeping up with my running. Slowly but surely, it is getting easier, and even - dare I say it - enjoyable. Just this morning I ran 7K. Unbelievable, I know, but hey...if I can do, so can you!!

No comments: