Wednesday 24 November 2010

Hibernating

It is cold here. So cold, in fact, that I cannot stay warm. My core temperature has, I'm sure, dropped a few degrees in the last week. I personally think that the bears are the ones that have it good - they are all hibernating cozily in their dens for the next 5 months and don't have to worry about the cold. That sounds absolutely glorious.

This cold weather means that I no longer leave the house unless I desperately have to. I am amazed when I go out how many people are functioning as if this kind of temperature is normal. If I were the head honcho, the first thing I'd change is a bylaw that shuts everything down if the mercury drops lower than -25. It's just not humane.

The good news is that I am getting lots done around the house because I don't venture outside.

I have started work on my December Daily album that I will be doing again this year. Ali Edwards, the mastermind behind this fabulous project has great information here on her blog. Basically, it is photos + pictures + everyday 'stuff' about December. I did it last year and loved it. This year, I am following the same format as ali - why reinvent the wheel?

I have finished priming the new studio downstairs. The next step is finding flooring and all colour. I haven't had much luck in the paint department, but hoping that I'll find something soon!

I have been nursing 3 very sick children back to health. Lots of snuggles and snotty noses and books and blankets and chicken noodle soup.

And of course, Christmas decorations have gone up and our house is now overflowing with red and silver, white lights everywhere and all things Christmas. The tree isn't up yet - that is for a Sunday afternoon closer to Christmas, but it feels so very festive.


Looking forward to a some warmer temperatures later on this week, but my plan is to make like a bear and stay in my beautiful den.

No comments: