Monday 11 April 2011

Flowers

We had a week off school a few weeks ago - it's called "Spring Break" - and yes, according to the calendar, it was the season of spring, but practically speaking, there was still 3 feet of snow in my backyard, and I wasn't seeing much in the way of spring-like behaviour.  


So, we packed up the van and headed to Vancouver for the week, just to see a bit of green and this "Spring" that people have been promising for a while now.  


And green we saw.  And pink.  And purple.  And yellow.  And blue.  And red. 









I just couldn't get enough of the flowers all week long.  Maybe it is my gardening genes.  But more likely, it is because there is something so miraculous about Spring.  What seemed dead amazingly produces these gorgeous flowers.  What seemed lost is found again.

And right now, that is the affirmation of Hope I really needed.

No comments: