Wednesday 30 December 2009

December Daily Days Three, Four and Five

Yes, it has been a while.
Yes, I am still alive.
Yes, our family survived our 'working outside the home' trial.
Yes, Christmas has once again come and gone.
Yes, I managed to mostly keep up with my December Daily.

Here is day 3. Inside the envelope (which is a die cut from Urban Scrapbook) are three letters that I have written to my kids about their life, their reactions, and cute little things they are doing at the moment (and it doesn't necessarily have to do with Christmas). I got the idea from ali edwards - I would have loved to have this kind of thing from my mom when I was growing up, so I thought "why not do it for my kids?"



Day 4 - Mostly a digi layout, just printed out with a journalling block on the bottom in my own handwriting.


Two important events happened today and I wanted to document both - Winter Wonderland for the girls during the day and getting ready for Sinterklaas in the evening. The first page is just on the back of the Day 4 layout - again, very simple - just photos and words, but it gets the story across.


I had a few more issues with this next picture - the only good one I had was blurry and I was having no luck getting it printed off at the photo developers. So, for the blurry picture, I just let it go and have decided that blurry pictures are part of life, and I'll just love what I have. And as far as the printing issue goes, I have started printing them at home (which has saved me quite a bit of trips to and from Costco) and I am pleasantly surprised with the quality. Another side benefit is I can design the page, print it out and put it together all in one fell swoop - no waiting for printing, no wondering if it is right. I love it!!

Here is the second part of Day 5 - putting out some treats for Sinterklaas...


Keep posted for some more December Daily pages and musing about the new year...and stay warm wherever you are!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great, Carla! I love the idea of letters to the kids. Thanks for sharing that. Also, what kind of printer do you have that prints these nice, quality pictures? I'm looking for a new printer and I really want one that print pictures well. Thanks. I love your digi layouts! Oh, oh... I might become hybrid afer seeing these! ~Neeru

Carla said...

Thanks Neeru! I have an Epson Stylus CX6600, but it is about 6 years old, so I'm not sure they still have it. We have always used Epson printers - are have always been happy with them. I am enjoying the hybrid way more - it is a bit more time spent on the computer that in front of the scrapbooks, and takes a bit more planning, but I love the flexibility!