Sunday 13 June 2010

Relay for Life 2010


The annual Relay for Life for the SuperStoltes has come and gone. With it came some tears and laughter and joy and sadness and complaining and remembering. Mostly, though, as great a cause it is, and as great a time we have bonding as a family, I really wish we didn't have to do this relay.

Cancer ripped away our mother and grandmother away too soon. It stole our chance to share those moments that should be shared with moms.

Like being at our wedding. And being there to meet Eden and Aaralyn and Ephraim. And watching your son graduate with this MA. And having coffee with your adult kids. And telling me stories about what kind of a child my husband was. And sharing our everyday struggles. And being our mom.

I wish I could turn back time so you could share your life with us as it is supposed to have happened. As Aaralyn wrote on her luminary "To Grandma Geraldine: I love you. I wish you were still here."
Posted by Picasa

No comments: