Saturday 10 January 2009

The end of the day

Here I sit, behind the computer once again, so very tired, so very thankful, so very everything right now. I spent the morning preparing for Aaralyn's birthday party, spent the afternoon managing Aaralyn's birthday party (and thankfully Mike suggested we order pizza for dinner!), and spent the evening preparing for a family gathering at our place to celebrate Aaralyn once again. At times I wonder why I get so hot and bothered about birthdays and why I go so crazy to make my kid's birthdays so special. It is because I want them to know that this day is all about them and who they are and what they mean to us and how very important they are. What is a weekend? In the big scheme of things, not much really, but for Aaralyn's little developing brain and self, it is everything. And that is the reason why I go overboard.

No comments: