Thursday 22 January 2009

Grateful

I am supposed to be coming up with 10 things that I am grateful for - it is a challenge put out by a group of women that I meet with every week - and I have decided that (surprise, surprise) I am going to take it one step further and create a mini album to celebrate all that I am thankful for. I thought I would get my journaling juices flowing by writing it down on my blog (and then I don't have to keep rehearsing it in my mind over and over again!!). Here goes, in no particular order:
1. Coffee - locally roasted (Transcend is THE best is Edmonton), Indonesian dark, just ground coffee is what gets me up every morning. Yes, it is an addiction, but, hey - everything in moderation!
2. Mike - Here is one passionate, dedicated, loving, loyal, delicious man. He is an amazing father, my best friend, a partner that knows no limits, and he really knows how to push my buttons! :)
3. Eden, Aaralyn and Ephraim - 3 kids for whom I would die for, who bless my days in so many ways, who test and sometimes irritate me beyond measure, who have taught me over and over again what it means to forgive, and who have made me understand was grace really means.
4. My church - a place where I can be me, with all my flaws; where I can dress up or dress down; where I meet God time and time again; where my gifts are utilized and loved and acknowledged and encouraged; where the Spirit sings over me; where Jesus has healed so much of my pain.
5. "Arting" - for lack of a better term, this includes all things from graphic design on the computer to stamping to altering spice racks for presents...it is such a blessing to have found something that feeds my soul, makes life a bit more beautiful for me and others that I love, and tells our story to our future generations.
6. Chocolate - I don't think a day goes by without this little indulgence. Of course, it has to be dark chocoate, but after that I am really not that picky...
7. Music - whether I'm listening to music, making music or singing music, I am a happy woman!!
8. Flowers - there is nothing like a fresh bouquet of flowers to brighten my day! My favourite flowers of all time are gerbera daisies and tulips.
9. Freedom - I feel so blessed to have been born in a country where peace is the norm, where human rights are expected and where freedom to laugh and love and speak and sing and dance and worship is part of the constitution
10. Wine - last, but not least...a nice Chilean or South African Shiraz is the perfect ending to most of my days lately. Granted, I could do without, but for the ability to finish my days off with such a gift, I am very grateful.

No comments: