Friday 2 January 2009

January 2, 2009

We just came back from spending the evening with Jake and Laura and their kids, which is always a great time. Eden had a MAJOR meltdown as we were leaving; no surprise there - all the kids were exhausted after last night's forays with the annual Stolte Christmas gift opening. It just so happens that Eden wears her emotions on her sleeve (a personality trait to which I can totally relate!!).
So, the question is, do I make new year's resolutions or don't I? Mike is dead set against them - but I find that I enjoy having a whole year ahead of me that is a blank slate where I can write my hopes and dreams. The flip side, however, is that if I do make some resolutions, as I just setting myself up for failure? (WOW! That sounds a bit defeatist!!). That being said, there are a few things that I would like to try to accomplish, the most important thing being TRY, not ACCOMPLISH...
  1. run more and maybe even run a race or two this summer (or spring or fall...)
  2. read scripture more
  3. be more open...to others...to my self...to the Spirit

Like a good three point sermon, there it is. Three goals for myself to work on each and every day. No qualifiers (not run 3 times per week, just more), no games, just goals that I can work at. Now...maybe I should make something pretty to hang where I will see them everyday...

No comments: