Wednesday 1 December 2010

Gratitude

Alongside my December Daily project, I also decided to embark on a 31 day photo journey called "Picture the Holidays" (which will, in fact, probably make this project a little easier). I am hoping to learn a bit more about photography and about using my camera and I am also hoping to create a bit of space and time this holiday season.

Today's photo is about gratitude...in the here and now keeping my eyes open to all things for which to be grateful. This morning when I got the email, I looked around me and realized that I really don't have to look too far to find something I am grateful for. I was sitting at my desk with a cup of coffee working on my December Daily album and felt a deep, deep sense of gratitude where I found myself in that moment.


Among other things, this class encourages adopting a state of mind that calls for present-mindedness, slowing down, believing in the magic that in fact does happen during this season, opening up to love, receiving, and of course, being grateful. Perfect for this time of year.

I've said it before and I am going to say it again, the camera is an amazing tool. It is so amazingly wonderful to see moments of real life captured...like coffee and creative messes.

No comments: