Sunday 5 December 2010

"My Soul" and "The View"

Yesterday's challenge was capturing 'the thing' that replenishes my soul. There are a few I could have chosen from, but I think the one thing that, as Tracey Clark wrote "is the magic remedy that no matter what, will give us the perspective that we need" for me would be sitting down behind the piano and playing. Sometimes it is Bach, sometimes it is Chris Tomlin, sometimes it is just whatever comes to mind. But when I get up from playing and singing, I feel renewed in my spirit. And that is such a gift.


And today;s assignment? Taking in the beauty outside. And if you don't already know, I detest winter. I don't like the cold, I don't like the snow, I don't like that I have to wear socks and boots and scarves and toques and puffy jackets. However, I have grown to appreciate the beauty of the winter when I look outside. For the month of December, we splurge a bit on our electricity bill and light up our back yard with white lights. This is the view from my studio (which will soon be a third bedroom...), and this is actually one view I could never tire of. So, so pretty...

No comments: