Thursday 3 February 2011

How He Looks

Challenge 2: Capture Mike's TRUE essence/expression/attitude/posture. Take a photo that just screams Mike.

This was no small feat. Anyone who knows Mike can appreciate that 1. he definitely does not like to be put into a box or 'pinned down', so to speak and 2. he can be a bit stubborn at times when asked to play along with something he doesn't want to play along with.

Armed with my camera (and most encouraging smile), I asked Mike to play along with me - at about 10:00 last night - to pose for the lens. Needless to say, with the aforementioned personality traits in mind, it wasn't an easy task. He continued to read his book and did not play along, pretty much ignoring that fact that I was sitting on top of him, trying to get a good angle.

Anyone who knows me can appreciate that I too, can be a bit stubborn, and eventually I was able to wear him down and took a few shots. Granted, he continued to read his book throughout the "photo shoot", but that lent itself well to a few pictures that captured who he is - among many other things, he is an avid reader.

So we went from this look of complete disregard...

...to this look of annoyance...

...to this look of pure enjoyment at the attention (however, he would never admit to it)...

Afterwards, I thanked Mike for playing along and he responded with some sarcastic comment about my addiction to photography. Ah, the honesty of marriage. Gotta love it...

No comments: