Wednesday 2 February 2011

The Joy of Love

It being February and all, I thought I would take this freebie online daily challenge class. I took a class last year by the same woman - Finding the Joy - and really enjoyed it, so I thought why not? My initial idea was to capture all five of us each day, but then reality reared it's ugly head, and I had to re-think the project.

One of the themes that comes up time and time again, especially in my Project Life album, is that Mike's face doesn't show up very often. Generally, I take a tonne of pics of my kids, a tonne of pics of me and my kids, and I try to get in a *creative* self-portrait as often as I feel up to it. But Mike doesn't show up very often.

And it isn't because he isn't important. It's just that most of my picture taking happens during the day when I am at home with the kids. And so - for the month of February - I am focusing on Mike. (and yes, I have sort of warned him...). This may be more of a challenge than I first anticipated, but we'll see how it goes.

Day 1's prompt was about "What They Do". An obvious would be work - Mike spends the majority of his days doing amazing work helping others getting their lives back together again. But that isn't all he does, and so I decided to focus on what he does for us outside of providing the financial means to run this household.

Here are a few snapshots of Mike doing his amazing work at home (and by no means is this an exhaustive snapshot...):






Happy February and here's to finding the love!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

carla..i found your site off of willette's joy of love page and i have been enjoying and devouring your blog all afternoon! we are so similar in our styles and it's refreshing! keep up the good work and i can't wait to check back in! also i have been enjoying your music! i need to get it all - LOVE it!

Carla said...

Thanks Jen - enjoy the daily challenges! Looking forward to seeing more of your pics as well...

Jennifer said...

Great shots! I am also doing the joy of love. Good luck!