Tuesday 15 February 2011

Who He Loves

One of my 'tests' (read: boxes to check off) before I even considered marriage was to put Mike in a room with my neices and nephews and see what happened. I knew that I had to have someone who would love kids and someone who knew what to do with kids.

There was a moment in my parent's place in Prince George over the Christmas holidays in 1994 when I saw Mike on the kitchen floor playing with my (then) 1 year old nephew and knew he was 'the one'. He has such a gift for playing and just being with kids.

Fast forward over 15 years, and here we are with three little munchkins of our own. He earned the title of 'baby whisperer' (always handy to have one of those around). He has earned the title of 'Daddy of the Year' a number of times over. And it is so d&*m sexy to watch him play with the kids.

I could never in a million years imagine that we would be so blessed with these three little ones. And as you can see, they are pretty happy with their Daddy, too.



No comments: