Monday 21 March 2011

Blogging and Scrapbooking

Last night, Mike and I sat down together after hearing about a death in the family.  We processed about this for quite some time, talking about death and transitions and grief and family.  Mike then grabbed all our scrapbooks that I have done over the years and looked at each one.


It seems that when we are faced with death, one of the things that we turn to are stories.  "Do you remember when..." and "How about the time when..." and "I wonder what happened when...".  We talk about what the person said, what the person did, who they were to us all in the context of stories.


A few years ago, I took a class called "Blogging for Scrapbookers", and in all honesty, it didn't go very far.  However, over the years, I have realized that many of the things that I write about on my blog, in one way or another, make it's way into my scrapbooks.  So when a second edition of the class was being offered, I jumped at the chance.  


And then I got the first lesson in my inbox this morning, and was asked the question:  "Why are you taking this class", in light of our conversation last night, the answer was easy.  The stories.  The photos.  And bringing them together in one place.  If I get to scrapbooking them and making the stories 'pretty' it will be icing on the cake.  But for now, it is more imporant for me to get the stories down as they happen.  


I'll worry about the rest later.

No comments: