Wednesday 13 January 2010

Daily December - Days Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen and Eighteen

Day 15 - I wanted to document a bit of the magic that I was feeling this year around the whole 'fun' part of Christmas (as we describe it in our home) - that is Santa - I choose to focus a bit on the movie "The Polar Express". I've never seen the movie, so we borrowed it from the library, and sat down together to watch it. Here's the documenting...
And since I didn't take any pictures of us watching it, I borrowed a few images from the website and created a bit of a small grid to use on the other page of this layout, which is a Hambly transparency that I cut into a circle and then trimmed to fit the album.

Day 16 - I wanted to include some of our (well, my actually) favourite Christmas decorations that we have around the house, so I took 9 photos and put them into a grid in photoshop, printed them off and voila - a great page that shows our house so very festive! Here's the other side of Day 16 - just a few words describing the season (a necessity as it is the other side of the transparency, and I didn't want to see the backside of a photo)...
and the grid photo...

Day 17 - The big day of the show!! Eden and Aaralyn both participated in this year's school program called "Winter Solstice". Eden was so, so, so excited (she is a performer, just like her mom, I guess) and just couldn't wait to get on stage. On the first side of the layout, I included a ticket stub and a picture of Eden waiting patiently backstage.
And on the opposing page, I included a schedule of the days events. Because they go to a performing arts school, the rehearsal schedule had been quite intense and this Thursday was crazy - they were at school all day, then had a performance, dinner in their classrooms and then another performance. Needless to say, both girls were exhausted.

And on the back of Day 17, I included a bit of ephemera from my favourite coffee shop with my favourite Christmas drink, just for fun.


And Day 18 - I love putting together Christmas gifts for teachers - we buy them something from the World Vision catalogue, and I also include a cookie mix that they can make over the Christmas holidays. Having been on the receiving end of many teacher gifts, these are the ones that I most appreciated.

No comments: