Saturday 9 January 2010

Week 1

As I blogged earlier this week, I have decided to do my picture-of-the-day project completely digital this year. Here is week one: the highlight - Aaralyn turned five.


It's hard to believe that just a short five years ago, I held this miracle-girl in my arms. She was a surprise from conception through birth (we didn't think we'd have any other children besides Eden and I thought FOR SURE she was a boy) and still surprises me to this day. We have a tradition of naming things we love and treasure about the birthday girl/boy as we are eating their birthday cake; here are a few that were spoken:

I love Aaralyn's ability to pull the goofiest faces.
I love that Aaralyn often will put other people's needs before her own.
I love Aaralyn. (that was Ephraim's - don't think he quite gets it yet, but it was worth putting it in the list, nonetheless)
I love Aaralyn's creative pictures and drawings.
I love Aaralyn's smile.
I love hearing Aaralyn's laughter when she is being tickled.


She is really the sweetest little girl around, and we really, really love her. She is such a blessing and so much more than we ever dreamed.

No comments: