Friday 22 January 2010

Farmer's Market Goodness

My word for this year is home, and I have been trying to focus and discern what that might mean for me this year. Besides sharing my home and loving my home and being home, I have realized these last few weeks that another part of this journey for me means being way more intentional about buying local and getting back into that culture again. So, I have been buying most of my veggies from the local farmer's market and challenging myself to cook according to what I have in the house, not finding recipes and buying what I need for them (which is usually happens...). So far, we have had some interesting creations, but I have once again been amazed at how good and fresh and completely different the farmer's market food tastes. Yummy...I'm hoping to put together some local/seasonal recipes and we'll see what happens from there...

On another note, I found this free year-long scrapbooking class called "The Street Where You Live". I figured I 'had' to do this class in keeping with my theme this year. Looking forward to documenting my beautiful neighbourhood and all that we love about it.

Happy Friday!!

No comments: