Wednesday 1 September 2010

And they're off...

We are all sighing a huge sigh of relief.

After weeks of anticipation, the girls are off to school. No more sleeping in. No more pajamas until noon. No more wondering who our teachers are going to be. No more hanging out at the playground for the whole day. No more feeling split between three kids' attention all day.

Structure and routines and schedules and consistency and predictability is what we are all seeking right now. And it is good to be back on this train.

Two beautiful girls hopped onto the bus this morning and didn't turn back.

But not before I grabbed a few photos of them first...
Eden could not stop smiling and laughing and giggling this morning. All I could get out of her were goofy smiles. She is so over-the-top excited to be back at school.

Aaralyn dropped off all her school supplies yesterday afternoon, so we saw her classroom and met her teacher yesterday. She is not as exuberant about school as Eden is, but underneath all that anxiety is some excitement. It came out again and again last week. I know that she will have a great day!

It is still hard for me to let them go, but I am so thankful they have each other's hand to hold.

1 comment:

Terri-Lynn said...

Isn't that the truth. It is hard to let them go. I'm glad my boys have each other too.

Your girls sure are beautiful!