Friday 3 September 2010

Hooray for the Everyday


I have this catalogue sitting on my bookshelf at home (read cover to cover a number of times), and it wasn't until this blog post (written by ali) that I actually opened my eyes and saw their tag line - "hooray for the everday".

Now, I am not someone to gravitate towards corporate taglines as a motto for life, but it isn't everyday that a corporation nails it on the head either.

Hooray for the everyday.

This statement is not about purchasing furniture and it isn't about Swedish meatballs and fries (for $1.99 no less!!). IKEA may want to use this phrase to sell me stuff, but I'm taking it back and using it as my mantra today.

Hooray is one of those great words that kids use all the time, but I can't remember the last time I have heard an adult use it. So today, as you are reading this, shout it out!! "Hooray!!" (You know you can do it!!) And then finish the 'hooray' with something.

Hooray for little boys who dress themselves in the craziest clothes. Hooray for braids and pigtails.

Hooray for a hot cup of coffee in the morning and a husband who faithfully makes it each morning.

Hooray for blue, cloudless skies. Hooray for swings and slides and monkey bars and sandboxes.

Hooray for dress up clothes that lend themselves to hours of playing family and monsters.

Hooray for green grass that is growing like a thick carpet because of all the rain we've been having.

Hooray for Fridays and long weekends.

Hooray for the everyday.

No comments: