Friday 17 September 2010

Happy Birthday Mom

I don't think my mom reads my blog very often (if at all). So, I am sending her the link to this post so she will know that the world is going to be singing her a collective 'happy birthday' this weekend.

My mom is one of those people who makes everyone around her feel safe. The kind of person that you could just talk to about 'stuff' and she makes it feel important. She has a gift of listening and a gift of being real.

I also noticed, as I was going through my awfully large file of pictures, there is not one of me and my mom. Definitely need to fix that particular problem...

So, Mom...I am wishing you a wonderful and extraodinarily happy and joyous birthday this year. Not because you are so perfect, but because you are so you.

Happy birthday to a mom who can be awfully silly at times.

Happy birthday to a mom who has taught me that sometimes, in order to get a bathroom floor really clean, you need to get on your hands and knees.

Happy birthday to a mom who has given so much of herself for her children.

Happy birthday to a mom who can make a killer chicken noodle soup.

Happy birthday to a mom who is as stubborn as a mule sometimes.

Happy birthday to a mom who is loved beyond measure.

Happy birthday to a mom who made thousands of meals for us growing up.

Happy birthday to a mom who sewed curtains and bed sheets and dresses and dolls and teddies (and everything else imaginable).

Happy birthday to a mom who taught me the meaning of selfless giving.

Happy birthday to a mom who has left a legacy of love for all things beautiful.

Happy birthday to a mom who taught me how to drive my first car.

Happy birthday to a mom who, at a very young age, taught me about being playful with a fish head attached to her hand.

Happy birthday to a mom who has nurtured a deep compassion for other people in me.

Happy birthday to a mom who can cry and laugh and giggle along with me.


Happy birthday mom.
I love you.

1 comment:

Annette Staves said...

Happy birthday to your Mom! She is amazing! I always felt so welcome at your house in high school and later too! She has done her fair share of sewing for me too! God bless you, Mrs. Vander Woude!