Wednesday 28 October 2009

December Daily 2009: Step Two


You now have a basket full of greens and reds and blues and browns and all the wonderful colours of the holidays. I am so glad there are some of you participating - even if it means just cheering me on! I can't wait to see what people come up with and I'm looking forward to sharing my finished product, too!! It is time to switch brains a bit, and move onto step two.

1. Put on some Christmas music (very quietly in the background)
2. Decide on the size and format of your album.

This is where the fun begins...and where your creativity comes in. There are so many options for mini-albums (one of the reasons I LOVE them so very much) - anything from square 6X6 post-bound protected pages to every page being a different size. There are quite a few blogs out there that showcase different ideas. Here are a few ideas, and you can also just type in mini album in google for loads of images...(and if you need help figuring out how one is made, I am the queen of 'lifitng', so I can probably help you figure out how it's done!)

I am planning on using different mediums for each page - including cardstock, envelopes, transparencies, chipboard and fabric, but because this is YOUR album and YOUR Christmas celebrations, do what works best for you. Keep in mind that keeping your photos 4X6 (and designing your album around that size) makes it ALOT easier to slap it in each day. Also - if you don't use your computer to journal, it is probably a good idea to have some space for journaling laid out so you just have to jot your thoughts about the picture/day.

Most importantly, have fun thinking about what you want this to look like. My experience has been that if I plan properly, the putting together of things is pretty much brainless (the old "measure twice-cut once" rule that Mike reminds me of so very often). That being said, I know no everyone's brains works the same way mine does :).

Check back for more steps in the December Daily process and remember to book off the weekend of the 6th for putting your album together.
______________

On another note - here is a layout I put together for a class I am taking - it is the intro layout, and I was so happy to blow this picture up and use it (and yes, it is a bit vain, but you have to admit, I was a cute kid...)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the layout... your kids look A LOT like you! Wow!
I have a DD that I made last year but didn't use and I'm doing another for a class at the store. I am going to do my best to COMPLETE one album this year! LOL I'll be right here cheering you on!

Have a great week! (half a week)

Sheri