Friday 16 October 2009

For Today...October 16

Well, I wasn't planning on doing a blog post today, but sometimes a person has to just go with where they are being led. I was brought to this site this morning and had to participate. This seems like it might be a good monthly exercise to participate in, if only for the memories years from now ("oh, I remember that hoody", "wow, what was I thinking?") Anyways, here goes:

October 15, 2009
Outside my window... I see a frosty playhouse, piled high with summer toys that are no longer in use.

I am thinking... about what I need to accomplish/get done today and wondering how feasible it is.

I am thankful for... little boys, beautiful girls, a warm house, stories from my past that seem to be pouring out of me

From the kitchen... baking with pumpkin and cinnamon and nutmeg and cloves and lots of it.

I am wearing... my 'breathe' hoody and a pair of jeans.

I am creating... an album that will help my grandchildren know who I am.

I am going... to IKEA today to buy yet more organizing stuff (I am so into the decluttering right now)

I am reading... Perfect Match by Jodi Picoult and Open Hearts, Open Homes by Karen Mains

I am hoping... to get started on my December Daily (and get the courage to ask others to join the process)

I am hearing... Ephraim "reading" his library books on the couch in the living room and singing Jesus Loves Me (and the sound of my heart melting...)

Around the house... getting things organized and purged. It has been a month of piles and boxes and garbage bags and questioning and evaluating, but we are all making progress and it. feels. good.

One of my favorite things... my coffee cup first thing in the morning, hands down.

A few plans for the rest of the week... grocery shopping, corn mazing-ing, pumpkin picking, bathroom cleaning, story telling

A picture to share...

"Mommy, what kind of plant is that?"
"Those are chives, Aaralyn. I brought them in from outside."
~quiet pause~
"Aaralyn, it kind of looks like hair, don't you think?"
"Yes, mommy, it sure does. Maybe I should draw a face on the pot - then it will really look like hair"
And voila, our very own chive plant pet...

Have a wonderful, fabulous Friday!

No comments: