Monday 26 October 2009

December Daily 2009



Well, here we are, just under a week away from Halloween (please don't ask me about costumes...), and it is time to start thinking about Christmas and all the wonderful family traditions and decorations and food and baking and ambience that goes along with the season. What bettter way to remember all these family traditions that through a december daily? And I am inviting you to join me in starting this journey.

I have never made one (so you can't use that as your excuse!), but am taking my inspiration from ali edwards, and her plethora of ideas and motivation. This is a great place to start, if you are looking for alot more information or just some answers to your questions.

This is actually a very simple process; not very complicated, especially when it is broken down into a few easy steps. So, the first step is to gather your materials...what does this mean exactly?
1. Put on a Christmas CD
2. Find a box/basket
3. Find all your Christmas paper/Christmas ribbon/Christmas embellishments (are you getting the hint - anything Christmas that might work in a mini album) and put it in the box/basket. Don't worry about things matching to having too much or too little stuff; just throw it all in a box and we'll worry about that later.
4. Take a deep breath, and go have a cup of tea. :)

One of the key things to making this project work is having it done in advance so the only thing you have to worry about in December is enjoying the season and slapping on a picture with some journalling (all of 10 minutes each day). So, in order to get this album put together, I have set aside Friday evening, November 6 and all day Saturday, November 7 at a friend's social room in her condo building (lots of room for everyone to create). If anyone is interested in joining me, I would LOVE to share this journey with you (remember, this is my first time too!). This isn't a "class" or something that I would "lead" - just a space for idea sharing and encouraging and laughing together. Let me know if you are interested in joining me, and I will set a space aside for you.

And for those of you who live very far away, please come along on the journey - there is no reason you can't join in the fun. (why not open your home and get some friends together on the same weekend?)

I'm off to find a basket and get my Christmas supplies in it...that's not too overwhelming for the next few days is it?? Check back in a few days for the next step...

No comments: