Monday 19 October 2009

December Daily



A few months ago, I wrote a bit about the December Daily. Someone I admire has been doing one for quite a few years now, and I am hoping to start the tradition for myself as well. What I am hoping this exercise will do is make me a bit more intentional about what I want for the holiday season for my family and I. Too often, I find this season is filled with all sorts of things that aren't really all that important - just obligations that I feel have to be done, etc. What I would like to see this year is our family following through on activities that focus on what Christmas really is about - spreading the love of JC throughout Edmonton, some of the fun stuff of Christmas and getting out and actually enjoying the snow with my kids (which, if you knows me at all, is going to be the biggest challenge of all - not the kids part, the snow part).

So....if you are interested (whether you are here in Edmonton or elsewhere) keep posted here - the next few posts will have tonnes of info about what you need and where you need to be in order to get this done. I am hoping that maybe, just maybe, we can take back the Christmas season from all the crazy consumerism and really, truly enjoy it this year.

No comments: