Friday 23 October 2009

Rosehip and Hops Wreath


I came across this beautiful wreath, and thought it would make a wonderful addition to my Christmas collection (don't worry - the decorations aren't up yet). I did a bit of research and realized that it is made of rosehip plants, which sounds quite exotic, but discovered that it is the fruit of the wild rose plant, which just happens to be the official flower of Alberta!! There are plenty around Edmonton, apparently, so I am off to go find some. If anyone from Edmonton knows where there is a nice cache, I would love that information! And I think I might plant some hops in my garden next year to use for this wreath - I have heard that they grow like crazy, and are quite stunning in the fall. Anyone know where I can find some hops?

I will have some December Daily info on Monday - hope to work on some things over the weekend, so check back on Monday!

Happy Friday...

No comments: