Monday 5 October 2009

Happy birthdays and journeys



Here's to an amazing, sexy, passionate and all-around fabulous husband who just happened to turn 39 this past week. We celebrated with alot of cake, co-workers, family and a very beatiful dinner and evening out at the theatre. Did I mention that I love this guy like crazy? If you want to see a great 'sitting-on-the-edge-of-your-seat-thriller' theater production, check this out...

I have embarked on a bit of journey this past week, thanks to this amazing scrapbooker and her amazing class. Basically, it is about telling stories in scrapbook form (whatever that looks like to you) with the emphasis on just the words and the photos. I am really looking forward to this process - already this first week has brought up quite a bit of baggage about my own ideas about scrapbooking, my own stories and my own history. (I spent a bit of time this weekend just crying over past sorrows...not surprised by the sorrow, just surprised at what the sorrow was about)

I love scrapbooking - the art of it (the fact that I can do it on the computer and my studio makes me so very happy!!), the therapy of it, the telling of the stories. It really is a good thing.

No comments: